Thursday, April 5, 2007

ASAP Thursday

The first thing I do when I get into the lab in the morning is make my coffee. The second thing is to see what has appeared on the web journals. I suppose since I'm blogging that I should share with you the articles that catch my eye. Here's a couple from today.

Karl Scheidt has a very nice example of umpolung chemistry catalyzed by N-heterocyclic carbenes in a [3+3] cycloaddition. This appeared on the web yesterday.

Audrey Chan and Karl A. Scheidt, JACS DOI: 10.1021/ja0709167


Interestingly, I was just teaching my synthesis students about the utility of diazo compounds for cyclopropanation and Wolff rearrangements and what appears on OL this morning? A very nice and practical method for the preparation of diazo compounds. This could come in handy.

Muhammad I. Javed and Matthias Brewer, OL DOI: 10.1021/ol070515w


2 comments:

synthetic environment said...

I think I will like this blog...

Anonymous said...

Very nice blog !

Can i permit a little remark, isn't an oxygen that must'nt be there on your first figure ?

Regards