Thursday, July 10, 2008

Atomic Noodles

Ok, I hear the voices from my last post and have decided to commit to trying to keep this blog going. My goal is to make sure I publish a post at least every week, if not more often. I've realized it doesn't have to be a chore and that I don't have to always have some latest greatest chemistry from the just uploaded ASAP's. I can do some fun stuff. I can even borrow from other stuff on the web. Why not? People do that all the time on their blogs.

Ok, then. How about a little bit of video? I know it's not directly chemistry, but it does fascinate me. From "The Ring of Truth: Atoms," here is Chef Kin Jin Mark pulling noodles.

3 comments:

Chemgeek said...

Good to have you back.

I wish I could make noodles like that. That'd be awesome.

Anonymous said...

I showed the amazing noodle video to my friend, our NMR guy. He was visibly pleased - and he explained that this is a completely common technique they use in mainland, and they have a long history of civilised lif, and Tibet is an integral part of China, and Dalai-Lama is a wolf in monk robes and he should not return but stay in India. (Don't ask what it has to do with noodles). He is a very kind old man unless he launches into politics.

Anonymous said...

Hey Greg... I can make Japanese Udon, from scratch... ahem..ahem..showing off)..cough..cough..